These cookies are great as a protein snack. They contain gourmet ingredients such as peanut butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder, so you're sure to enjoy them during your workouts.
- old fashioned rolled oats
- chocolate protein powder
- creamy peanut butter – you can also use almond butter or any other nut/seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- maple syrup
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
- Combine oatmeal and protein powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until there’s a nice dusting of protein powder over all the oatmeal.
- Place almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and sea salt in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until cocoa powder is completely dissolved and the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Mix the dough – Pour peanut butter chocolate mixture over oats/protein powder and mix until all pieces of the oatmeal are covered.
- Place batter in the fridge for 10 minutes to let the batter set up – this step is optional, but the cookies will be cool and much easier to shape if you do it.
- Drop chilled dough by spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using hands to work cookies into desired shape.
- Place baking sheet in fridge until cookies are set, then serve.
Notes :You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. They also freeze well if you need to keep them longer. Store cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you try this recipe, we would love to see it. Let us know by taking a picture and tagging @naakbars on Instagram!